About Celebrating School Leadership (CSL)
Who can Write?
Template for Case Study Writing
To establish common standards and support school heads and documenting their leadership efforts. A template for documenting leadership practices is being shared for ease of assessment, sharing on public forums and drawing leadership lessons.
It should consist of a description of School’s context describing its socioeconomic, cultural, educational and religious dynamics as also highlighting the issues, challenges and problems that underwent transformation. The following information could be provided:
- School name, location and complete address, phone number, mail id
- A brief profile of the School which includes total student and teacher strength, classrooms, administrative staff, infrastructure
- The present scenario; key strengths and weaknesses of the school (Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat Analysis).
- The description of community – cultural pressures; values, attitudes, needs and expectations; skills, chief occupation.
- The problem situation – what and why; the challenges and issues;
- The change initiated, the Plan of Action, Strategy, Outcome,
- Time taken to bring the change, the processes involved, the failures, the successes, most importantly; the learning
- The role of school leadership, behavior modeling and example setting by the head of school and other factors relevant to the transformation, other key influential personalities/groups – their feelings/views (expressed in verbatim as quotes)
- The theory of change – which means the turning points for the school head/leader, the reflections on what worked and why or the ‘mantra’ for change.
It should be sent both in hard and soft copies in A4 size pages typed in 1.5 space using size 12 of Times New Roman font and keeping one and half inches margin on each side of the page (hard copies only for languages other than English).
The write-up could be substantiated with pictures of the events, the pre and post situation of the school, the phenomena of change and videos if any of the school.
Note: NCSL would invite university departments, SCERTs and DIETs to visit selected schools from each state and substantiate the information shared in the case study with their personal observations. It should further highlight the teaching learning processes, the 6 community participation, the overall school organization, the inter-personal relationships in and outside the school, innovations, team work and use of technology for school development. The key purpose of repeating this entire exercise with the help of researchers is to use these case studies for learning, extracting leadership practices from across the country and eventually evolving models and /or theories of leadership that work in Indian Context.
If you are not a practitioner and are submitting case study of the school you visited, please clearly mention your personal details as also the details of the school leader in description. Each case study should be accompanied by the following information: title of the case study; name of the case writer (s); address and telephone(s) of the Case Writer(s) and fax/email where available. The case writer(s) should also state whether the case study has been approved for publication by the concerned organization or whether approval is yet to be taken; and, finally, the signature(s) of the case writer(s).
Recognizing and Documenting outstanding school leadership is going to be an ongoing process for NCSL. However for the sake of participation at the National Conference the last date for the receipt of the case study is 31st December, 2023. The case studies could be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com or a hard copy superscripted with “Celebrating School Leadership Recognizing School Leaders – 2023” and be addressed to Dr. Kashyapi Awasthi, Asst. Professor, National Centre for School Leadership, National Institute of Education Planning and Administration, 17-B Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110016. For any query in this regards you may write at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Last date for submission of a detailed research abstracts (500 words) is 31st December, 2023. Full length paper should be submitted by 15th of January, 2024.
visit for information on ncsl.niepa.ac.in